Holiday Cocktails To Cheer You Up
1. Go Classic - Mulled Wine
2. Glam It Up - Candy-Cane Cosmopolitan
3. Be Debonair - Cranberry Royale
4. Go Old School - Warm Bourbon Cider
5. Make it a White Christmas - Peppermint Mocha White Russian
6. Go Traditional - Hot Buttered Rum
7. Bubbly Fun - Pomegranate Mimosa
8. Go for the Punch - Add cranberries, orange slices, herbs and your pick of liqueur
9. Irish Mate - Good Old Irish Coffee
10. It's Not Christmas without - Eggnog (Add Brandy & Cinnamon, if you like!)
Top 10 Cities To Celebrate New Year's Eve
1. New York City - (the famous drop of the ball in Times Square)
2. Sydney, Australia - known for the largest fireworks display in the world
3. Rio de Janeiro, they get dressed in white and throw flowers into the ocean as a gift to Yemajá (goddess of the seas)
4. Hong Kong - pyrotechnic dragon dances across the sky
5. Las Vegas - giant street party with live bands and fireworks
6. Bahamas - street parades with music, street performers and colorful costumes
7. Jost Van Dyke (British Virgin Island) - 48 hours of live music, drinking, and eating
8. Paris - street party: pop champagne, fireworks, exchange kisses and unwrap sparkly papers
Follow This Guide: Stock Up and Save
1. Seasonal Produce - Apples, Beets, Broccoli, Carrots, Celery, Citrus Fruits, Dates, Kiwi, Kale, Mushrooms, Onions, Pomegranates, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Winter Squash
2. Holiday Items - Eggnog, Frozen Pies, Cranberry Sauce, Marshmallows, Sparkling Cider, Deli Platters
3. Baking Goods - Flour, Sugar, Butter, Cream, Cake Mixes, Bread, Pie Crusts, Whipped Cream
4. Canned Foods - Soups, Condensed Milk, Vegetables, Fruits, Sauce
5. Clearance - All Thanksgiving decorations, table settings, and products
6. Golf Gear - Everything Golf!
7. Sales - Jewelry, Toys, Electronics...
5 Facts You Need to Know About Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)
1. By 2020, 85% of customer interactions will be managed without a human
2. By 2018, 6 billion connected devices will proactively ask for support
3. By 2018, "Customer Digital Assistants" will recognize customers by face and voice
4. 80% of executives believe A.I. improves worker performances
5. By 2020, A.I. will replace 16% of American jobs...so start diversifying your portfolios!
Take Photos Like a Pro
1. Up Close & Personal - Snap close-ups. Keep it simple. The less distraction, the better.
2. Flash Off - Keep the flash closed and increase ISO.
3. Design - Look for cool patterns in architecture, textiles etc..
4. Bird's Eye View - Choose unusual angles instead of the basic eye-level view
5. Mirror Effect - Keep an eye out for perfect symmetry in photo ops
6. Shine On - Know where the light is coming from, makes a huge difference!
7. Off the Grid - Line up your subject at either 1/3 to the right or left of the frame (and/or top/bottom)
8. To the Max - Invest in a lens with a huge aperture - go from OK pics to kick-ass ones!
In November, all of us need an extra boost of energy and motivation!
Directory Of Oakville presents you with a selection of films that will get you up and moving!
Top 5 films about work and career:
- "Margin Call" (2011); - "The Iron Lady" (2011);- "The Pursuit of Happiness" (2006); - "Up in the Air" (2009); - "Erin Brockovich" (2000).Wishing you good luck and inspiration!
1. "It's grey outside. My deadline is coming up and I'm super stressed. I deserve to eat pizza, fries, and cupcakes today" - the Comfort Foodie
2. "Let's eat cake because it must be somebody's birthday somewhere" - the Sweet Tooth
3. "I would like to order an all-dressed hamburger but no meat, no bun, and no condiments please" - the Super, Annoying Foodie
4. "This project is going to take all night long and we need a pick-me-up - junk food, it is!" - the Fast Food Junkie
5. "I only eat non-dairy, salt-free, gluten-free, raw foods and definitely no meat" - the Health Nut
6. "The food is so pretty. Wait. One second. Okay it's ready for its photo" - the Millenial Food ...
Writing - Planning - Your Book
1. Big Picture - Start with a one-line summary of your novel
2. Three Acts - Write a synopsis including the 3 acts of your book
3. Spotlight - Write one-page descriptions of each character (very important)
4. Location, Location, Location - Build the setting(s) and determine their significance
5. I or You - Decide on the P.O.V. - it can make or break your novel!
6. It's About Time - Create a pace between scenes and be consistent
7. Pen to Paper - Write your first draft (and then your 2nd, 3rd...)
8. Edit Out - Self-edit and then send out to an Editor
9. Edit In - Revise and Rewrite
10. Off to the Presses - Publish your book. Just do it!
Rules To Emotional Wellness
1. Be realistic with expectations
2. Set out to achieve realistic goals, one day at a time
3. Learn to accept changes in your life
4. Let go of all anger and resentment5. Surround yourself with positivity6.Take responsibility for yourself7. Be kind to yourself8. Learn to laugh at yourself9. Take care of your body - diet, exercise & sleep10. Talk to someone if you are feeling depressed or anxious
Stop Bullying At Work
1. All Your Hard Work is constantly Undermined and never Good Enough.
2. Surprise Meetings & Presentations are called by your Boss
3. You Always Feel Anxious - Waiting for Bad Things to Happen to You
4. You are never left alone to do your job
5. When You Express an Opinion, it is immediately turned down and shelved
6. Your Co-Workers feel justified to Talk Balk or Berate You in front of others
7. Always Obsessing about Work at home or on vacation
8. You feel nauseous every morning before work
9. No one takes your claims of harassment seriously at work
10. Your request to transfer to an open position is denied