8 Results in category Food
Holiday Cocktails To Cheer You Up
1. Go Classic - Mulled Wine
2. Glam It Up - Candy-Cane Cosmopolitan
3. Be Debonair - Cranberry Royale
4. Go Old School - Warm Bourbon Cider
5. Make it a White Christmas - Peppermint Mocha White Russian
6. Go Traditional - Hot Buttered Rum
7. Bubbly Fun - Pomegranate Mimosa
8. Go for the Punch - Add cranberries, orange slices, herbs and your pick of liqueur
9. Irish Mate - Good Old Irish Coffee
10. It's Not Christmas without - Eggnog (Add Brandy & Cinnamon, if you like!)
Follow This Guide: Stock Up and Save
1. Seasonal Produce - Apples, Beets, Broccoli, Carrots, Celery, Citrus Fruits, Dates, Kiwi, Kale, Mushrooms, Onions, Pomegranates, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Winter Squash
2. Holiday Items - Eggnog, Frozen Pies, Cranberry Sauce, Marshmallows, Sparkling Cider, Deli Platters
3. Baking Goods - Flour, Sugar, Butter, Cream, Cake Mixes, Bread, Pie Crusts, Whipped Cream
4. Canned Foods - Soups, Condensed Milk, Vegetables, Fruits, Sauce
5. Clearance - All Thanksgiving decorations, table settings, and products
6. Golf Gear - Everything Golf!
7. Sales - Jewelry, Toys, Electronics...
Top 10 Soups For Fall
1. Kale & White Bean 2. Carrot-Coconut
3. French Onion
4. Split Pea
5. White Bean Chili w/Autumn Veggies
6. Butternut Squash
7. Roasted Parsnip Pureed with Walnut Pesto
8. New England Clam Chowder
9. Italian Vegetables
10. Beer and Cheddar Soup w/Sausage
Stock Up ON IMMUNE-BOOSTING FOODS
Fall Food Boosters:
Bake a PUMPKIN Pie - Packed with Vitamin A & C. Strengthens defenses against colds, flu, and stress.
Add CRANBERRIES - High in Vitamin C. Powerful detoxifier and inflammation fighter.
Eat raw GARLIC - Tackles infections and bacteria. Boosts blood circulation and cardiovascular health.
Stuff it with MUSHROOMS - Loaded with Zinc - the Superhero of all immunity boosters!
SWEET POTATO fries! - Packed with Vitamin B-6, A & C, Iron, and Magnesium. Stand up against toxins and disease.
What We Eat is What We Become...
1. Home Cooking - If the cook is happy so will the energy of the food
2. Leave the Attitude at the Door - Eating when in a negative state affects the metabolism of the food
3. Go Organic - Growing your own food connects you to your food, along with Mother Earth.
4. Be Grateful - When we are appreciative of the food we are eating, our body will thank you as well
5. Eat Mindfully - Eat slowly and with intention, you will soon be able to fully enjoy every bite you take.
Travel National Dishes
How many have you tasted? Which one is your favorite?
1. Italy - Pasta
2. USA - Hamburgers
3. UK - Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding
4. Mexico - Chiles en Nogada
5. Lebanon - Kibbeh
6. China - Peking Duck
7. Brazil - Feijoada
8. Israel - Falafel
9. India - Tandoori Chicken
10. Canada - Poutine
Keep The Stress Out Of The Kitchen
Spend Less Time Cooking - More Time Enjoying Your Food
1. Save Time - read recipes in advance
2. Prep Time - chop, peel or blend ahead of time
3. Freeze it - cook in batches so all you need to do is defrost
4. Under Pressure - use a pressure cooker; come home to a dinner already ready for you!
5. Invest - in good knives, pots and pans; better quality and cooking process is faster.
Oakville's lakeshore strip a model of the form - Yonge Street
As blasphemous as it might be for an Annex boy like myself to say, Oakville's Lakeshore strip is one of the best in the GTA, a mixture of peaceful and bustling that would be difficult to reproduce in Toronto's urban core.