8 Results in category Home & Interior
Lock Smith Protect Yourself
Protect Your Home/Office from Burglars:
1. Install a Security System
2. Strengthen Locks
3. Reinforce Doors & Windows
4. Protect Valuables in a Safe
5. Mark your Property with Identifiable Marks
6. Be Careful when Absent - notify post office, newspaper, etc...
7. Hold Back on Social Media - Post your Vacay Pics when you get Back
8. Make sure Insurance Coverage includes Theft
9. Keep Car Keys with You - No Need for them to take off with your car too!
10. Ask Friends/Family to Check Up on Property every few days
Get Organized in 7 Days
Monday-Motivation - Go through drawers, closets, and desk for items you don't use anymore.
Task-It Tuesday - Designate areas, boxes, containers or drawers with labels and file away!
Win-Win Wednesday - Throw, Recycle or Give things Away!
To-Do-List Thursday - Create Schedules, To-Do Lists, and Checklists for the week, month, year ahead
Follow-Friday - Delegate Tasks to All Family members and/or Colleagues
Saturday-Style - Wardrobe Clean Up: Organize by Seasons and/or by Color
Social-Sunday - Digital Clean Up Erase Emails, Unscubscribe to Newsletters and Platforms, Empty Trash
How To Save Money On Furniture
New Home? Newly Renovated? Need a Change?
1. Whole Nine Yards - watch out for yard sales; you'll never know what you can find!
2. Get Used to it - go to secondhand stores or head to Amazon, eBay or Craigslist
3. Family Jewels - mom or pop must have some furniture stored away somewhere
4. Restore the Old - get creative: mason jars as vases, crates as shelving
5. Swap Out - tap into the old ways of bartering: barteronly.com, trade away or swapright.com
Top 5 Furniture Trends 2017
1. Metallica - Polished nickel, silver & gold. Watch out for White Plaster!
2. Modern Art Deco - refurbished vintage furniture with contemporary materials
3. Fool Proof - trend towards stain-resistant fabrics (so 70s)
4. Au Naturel - wood grains, cane, rattan, abaca; keeping it real
5. Bar None - built-in bars are back; cool bar stools
Do You Need A Home Inspection?
Before Buying Or Selling Your Home?
The Answer is YES!
1. Mold & Mildew can cost 1000s but can be a deal breaker
2. Moisture in Walls and Floors may deteriorate materials and attract insects - so beware!
3. Inspect Roof and Chimney - Are the shingles rotted? Bricks in good condition?
4. Electricity - Check to see if circuit breakers and systems are changed and up to date
5. Heating & Cooling - Are systems efficient and up to standards?
6. Foundation - Is it solid? Is structure crumbling or good for another ten years?
7. Appliances - Are your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in working order?
How To Make Your Small Space Seem Bigger:
1. Lighten Up - Paint the Walls in Neutral or Lighter Shades
2. Free Up Space - Store Items under Furniture, Opt for Tall Storage Units & Hang Items Behind Doors
3. Mirror, Mirror on the Walls - Put Full-Length Mirrors for Visual Trickery
4. Be Adaptable - Use your Dining Room Table as a Work Space or for Kitchen Prep Work
5. Maximize on Style! - Opt for Showy Furniture Pieces, Eye-Popping Pillows or Stunning Art.
Best Paint Color & Decor Ideas:RED - encourages appetite - Best for restaurants - evokes a sense of urgency - Best for liquidations/clearances or Shop Now CTA'sYELLOW - encourages communication - Best for service industries - shows warmth, very inviting - Best for retail window displaysBLUE - perceived as trustworthy, increases productivity - Best for corporate business - provides a sense of calm, tranquility - Best for airlines and medical practicesPURPLE - represents wealth, wisdom, and respect - Best for beauty and anti-aging products - for the creative and imaginative minds - Best for "outside the box" brands and for the Tween marketORANGE - reflects enthusiasm; happiest color of the ...
10 Tips For Designing Effective Visuals
Color - Use no more than 5 colors.Typography - Fonts should be easy to read.
Layout - Align elements to maintain consistency.
Call-outs - Use them to highlight key information.
Space - Too much information can be incoherent.
Illustration - Should match topic
Iconography - Keep it simple
Data - Visualize data in a way easy to understand
Proportion - Make sure items are appropriately sized
Simplicity - Avoid unnecessary design elements